Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Secret To Happiness

Is there a true Secret To Happiness?? Is this secret supposed to last a life time? A minute? A day?
I sometimes wonder if I am making EVERYONE happy?? By that I mean my husband Steve...our 3 girls...the granddaughters...the lady behind me in Zumba...well not really the Zumba thing... but you know what I mean...EVERYONE!!!
They say it's typically women that just do this...that we have all these proverbial balls in the air that we juggle and we are so busy making sure that everyone else is taken care of and happy that we sometimes forget about ourselves. We are worriers...it's true. Women tend to worry more than men do too... we worry and process things over and over so much more then men tend to do. Men have this crazy insane way of mentally filing things away in some odd and secretive compartment in their brains. Why women didn't get this fancy compartment I don't know...was it after market or are they born with it? I do know that if I had to choose to have envy over this after market magic compartment and the little thing called penis envy...I would be guilty of after market magic compartment envy!!! 
So how do we as women handle worrying and making sure everyone around us is happy! We WORK at everything every day...we wipe questionable things off of our little ones faces...and things up off the bathroom floor that we are convinced should be put into bio-hazard but in some odd way, but yet we just wipe it up and move on...we can cook with a child on one hip a phone on our shoulder while supervising another child with spelling words and homework. We are able to make 100 cupcakes at 9:00 at night the night before a bake sale because our children "forget" to tell us that their teacher gave them the notice 2 weeks ago. We have "magic" kisses that can heal almost any "boo-boo" or skinned knee.  We can settle a squabble between our children with just a look...and on occassion we are even actually able to do all these things in a day and still have time and energy not to mention piece of mind...ok maybe not the piece of mind thing...but we are still able to get cleaned up pull our hair up and be presentable enough to go out on the town with our amazing husbands.
So is this the Secret To Happiness?? The fact that God has blessed us with all these magical abilities to share and use on a day to day basis with our families and our loved ones??? 
I think if I had to make my own happiness...I couldn't come up with anything else that could make me THIS HAPPY!!! I think happiness is in perception...and its the way we choose to look at it.
SO for me...I Thank God for my Happiness...for today....for tomorrow...and for this year and my lifetime. I have been truly blessed. I had my Secret to Happiness right in front of me all along......

No comments: